Monday, March 14, 2011

The Awesomeness of Life

Being home as my mom's little puppy dog (not literally), I follow her around to run errands.  Other than Sephora, one of our favorite errands to run is to shop at Barnes & Noble.  After we had found the book we sought out to buy, my mom browsed her favorite section: the cook books.  I don't really fancy searching through books about food and even more food, so I looked through the self-help and psychology section.  I am a sucker for these kind of books.  Some may have a guilty pleasure of reading cheesy paperback romance novels or travel guides of countries they know they'll never go, but me, I choose self-help and psychology books.  Well, I found a book that put the biggest smile on my face:  The Book of Awesome.  It detailed aspects of life that we take for granted.  For example, waking up and realizing we still have more time to sleep.  Or, wearing clothes fresh out of the dryer.  Maybe the smell of a recent rainfall or perhaps falling asleep and waking up with a blanket that someone put on you.  I found his original website that became famous before he published the book.  I recommend taking a minute to look at it:


Well, here's an awesome thing:  I visited with a dear friend, Heidi, this weekend.  We took one of her dogs for a walk through the woods.  We came to a creek, climbed onto a rock in the middle and just sat and talked.  It was amazing.  I forgot how beautiful the sound of rushing water is.  I forgot how fast time can fly when you spend it with a good friend.  And, most of all, I forgot that being with people who understand you makes everything better.  


No comments:

Post a Comment