Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sometimes It's All So Surreal

Progression.  It's something we all think we want.  It seems so fine and dandy before we have to actually go through the process of growing.  I know I've felt those "growing pains" of changing into something new and better.  Hey, it's tough work!   In the end, progression has turned into something we realize we've wanted all along.  

I've written so much on my own personal progression and now I want to dally in the progression of those who have helped me progress.

Once in a while you develop a friendship with someone who you feel you've known before this life began.  Mayra is one of those.  We met at the young age of 18 as we both entered our freshman year at Brigham Young University-Provo.  We lived a few doors down from each other.  From that first orientation day when I couldn't figure out how the spelling of "Mayra" could sound like "Mida," to being her Maid of Honor in what couldn't have been a more beautiful day, and then to bawling my eyes out in pure joy after the news that she is now going to be a mother (to a precious little girl at that!) we have grown so much.  I have never met a more mature, gracious, classy young woman.  Sometimes it's all so surreal.  Surreal in the sense that her dream is finally coming true.  Just a handful of months left!


Reflecting on the impact friends' progressions have had on me would not be complete without mentioning Jenn.  Jenn has always been a support.  Not only emotionally, but mentally.  She always finds a way to add a whole new dimension of humor to my day.  There are some things that seem impossible, insurmountable.  But for Jenn, there are no brick walls.  She has found her way through every challenge.



One day I hope I can have the effect on someone that so many have had on me.  One day I hope I can have attributes others admire.  I hope I can say to others, "You too can do this."  Someday.  And somedays this process of progression all seems so surreal.  

2 comments:

  1. Macanenz, this seriously made me cry. you are the sweetest girl ever! I love and miss times a kajillion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have that effect on me. Someday is today!

    ReplyDelete